Deadline: May 15, 2018
1. Professionally active graphic designers, Art academy students in their final academic years and persons who deal with graphic design can submit their works to "3rd International PlakatFest Poster Festival" collective poster exhibition in Chorzow.
2. One printed copy of the offset, digitally printed or silkscreen poster, created between the years 2016-2018 must be submitted for the contest.
A. Culture Poster
B. Commercial Poster
C. Political Poster
D. Unpublished works related to Chorzow: 150 years of the Royal Steelworks
In 2018 the Royal Steelworks are celebrating their 150th anniversary. A settlement established 150 years ago started to develop into a city being now the central part of Chorzow. The text '150 years of The Royal Steelworks' must appear on these posters.
More information about Chorzow and the Royal Steelworks can be found on:
Each contestant may submit the maximum of 5 posters.
The maximum size of the poster is the B0 size (141,4 cm x 100 cm) and the minimum size is B2 size (50cm x70,7cm).
All posters must be submitted by 15 May 2018
They can be sent to the address below:
Chorzowskie Centrum Kultury, ul.Sienkiewicza 3, 41-500 Chorzów, with the "PlakatFest" note
or delivered in person, to the Chorzowskie Centrum Kultury office.
All works meeting the above criteria will be displayed in the exhibition halls such as Antresola Art Gallery of the Chorzow Cultural Centre or Brama Art Gallery in May and June 2018.
3. Each work submitted to the competition must have a description in the bottom right corner with the following information:
a) the author's name and surname, email address and telephone number
b) date of poster creation
c) printing technique
4. "3rd International PlakatFest Poster Festival" in Chorzow will be accompanied by the publication of the selection of colour reproductions of the posters submitted to the competition and the full list of the participants. For this purpose all participants are asked to indicate one of their works to be featured in the publication.
The publication will feature the poster reproductions which will be submitted in TIFF or PDF file format, with the resolution of 150 dpi in CMYK, the long edge of 20cm, to email@example.com
5. Personal data processing
All contestants are giving their consent for their personal details to be processed only for the competition purposes to assert the right performance of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, unified text - Journal of Laws 2016 , item 922) as well as for the free of charge use of the materials submitted for the promotional purposes, displaying the works both in the exhibition halls and online.
6. The ownership right and the right to use posters:
All the submitted works will become the organizer's property and the part of the Collection owned by the City of Chorzow. The authors of the designs give their consent for their posters to be featured free of charge for the marketing purposes on: websites, flyers, promotional materials, subpages as per Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data.
The Organizers reserve the right to publish the author's designs. The organizers have the right to disqualify the contestant and remove the poster from the gallery in case of the suspicion of plagiarism or breaking the rules of the contest.
7. Final resolutions
The Festival's Commission reserves the right to resolve any matters under dispute